The Breville BOV650XL Compact Smart Oven is a little smaller than the 800XL taking up less space on the counter but can still accommodate four pieces of bread at one time, or a twelve inch pizza. It also has the easy to turn control dial which allows you to select Toast, Bagel, Bake, roast, Reheat, Cookies Broil or Pizza.
Breville Bov650XL Made Toasting and Baking Easy
Breville Bov650XL review pages talk about an outstanding toaster oven capable of making the whole process of toasting, baking and cooking virtually any type of recipe extremely easy. The manufacturers have clearly spared no expense in designing the Breville, the unit having been proven to present a lot of practical features and advantages:
- The Breville Bov650XL toaster oven is a 3/5 cubic foot smart oven rated at about 1800 Watts and featuring high end, Element IQ technology for even distribution of heat.
- The whole structure of the oven was made to last. Protected by strong, stainless steel casing and a tempered glass door designed to resist high temperatures, the Breville small oven was both made to last and to for safe and accurate cooking, as it keeps all the heat from escaping for precision cooking.
- The Element IQ technology was intelligently made to ensure both proper cooking and high level energy efficiency. Sensors are in place to detect where the most heat is needed, and the technology adapts accordingly to provide a flexible and even cooking experience without overusing the oven’s power output.
- Despite its solid design and high end features, the Breville weighs less than 25 pounds, being one of the lightest, most portable ovens you can buy at this price.
- There are 3 rack positions designed for cooking diversity, as well as a crumb tray that’s fairly easy to remove for cleaning purposes.
Efficient Time and Temperature Control
One set of features that stands out when it comes to this Breville model is the LCD panel and the beautifully designed and easy to use dials meant to make cooking as easy as possible.
First let’s take a quick look at the LCD screen. Its main function is to show the precise temperature and time settings, as well as the current function and any additional adjustments you may have made to the cooking cycle. It was also designed to turn orange during the cooking or preheating process, and it will promptly turn blue as soon as the cycle is completed.
Aside from the easy to read screen, the oven also has a couple of great looking dials that most Breville Bov650XL review posts have commended both for their ease of use and for their appearance:
- The top dial has 8 different preset settings for items such as toast, bagels, cookies, pizza or roast. This makes things extremely easy, since if you’ve bought a readymade pizza from the mall that you just need to heat up, all you have to do is set the dial to “Pizza” and wait for the oven to finish.
- The bottom dial was made for adding more accuracy and flexibility to temperature and time settings, so the sky is the limit when you have to prepare less common recipes that require better control on heat output and time.
All the settings and features of the unit are extremely well-defined and easy to adjust, so you don’t have to worry about trying to get the most out of the oven when using it to cook any particular types of dishes.
Review BREVILLE BOV650XL the Compact Smart Oven, Countertop Electric Toaster Oven
Essentially, what people really love about this oven is that, not only was it made to last, but it was made with the average homeowner’s needs in mind. It has separate, easy to use controls for defrosting, toasting, baking and preset functions, and with the range of different readymade control settings geared to target various dishes, such as pizza, cookies or roast, everyone has something to gain from using it.
People who normally preheat a lot of frozen dinners or pizzas don’t have to wait too much or fiddle too much with the machine, and their dishes are ready in a very short time. Similarly, those more interested in toasting, broiling or other more advanced cooking tasks have found the easy to use electronic controls and the whole architecture of the oven to be extremely practical for everyday use.
Ironically, despite the Breville Bov650XL toaster oven being a rather small appliance, the only real concern some users have is its sheer power. The 1800 Watt oven is definitely enough to burn your food if not used correctly, although most people consider that its instructions and controls are very easy to master and learn, implying no risk or danger whatsoever.
It also has a large start/cancel button as well as a defrost button for frozen foods. One issue of possible concern is that when you open the door the tray doesn’t not slide out toward you which means you have to reach in to bring your food out. Not a big deal, but you may want to caution children when using this Breville toaster oven.
What we loved:
- Makes perfect toast, bagels, frozen pizza, bread and muffins
- Auto shut off function
- Great customer service from Breville
Over all, the Breville Toaster Ovens we have researched are nice and compact, very easy to use and seem to cook foods very evenly. Make sure you thoroughly think through what kinds of foods you will be using your oven or before purchase as the sizes between models does differ. You will find that you are able to eliminate using a large kitchen oven for a lot of cooking needs with this oven.
It will can bake pies, breads, pizza and toast bread perfectly. It also contains a very thorough user manual which takes all the guesswork out when trying to figure out how long to cook something. It truly is a smart mini oven.
An Attractive and Durable Oven
One of the things that people using the Breville small toaster oven have been more and more drawn to is its ability to cope with an increasing range of cooking tasks over the long haul. You might not start out loving it, but basically, from the moment you start using it, you’ll slowly begin to recognize its value and efficiency for more and more of your regular toasting and small baking tasks.
Many of those who have previously bought the unit have claimed it to be extremely durable, resilient and low maintenance, managing to keep its high performance for months and even years. Considered to be an extremely well-designed and well-constructed appliance, it is no surprise that Breville Bov650XL review posts keep the unit in such high regards, especially since it’s well below the normal pricing range for an oven of this caliber.