When it comes to cooking, high efficiency comes from an even distribution of heat, and according to numerous Breville Bov800XL review posts, this is exactly what this Breville unit was made for.
The Breville Bov800XL is a very powerful and intelligent toaster oven that has far more to offer than what most would at first expect. Fitted with intelligent controls and highly advanced Element IQ power distribution technology, it can prepare your food faster, while also retaining all that great flavor and taste you may have always wanted from a truly delectable dish.
Technical Specs and Advantages of the Breville Bov800XL
It packs quite a lot of power, and was designed with the consumer in mind to be both durable and efficient. Here are some of the main assets that Breville Bov800XL review boast when talking about the oven:
- The Mini Smart Oven from Breville was designed using highly durable elements that will withstand the test of time. It has stainless steel housing that was made to resist heat and wear, while also being quite easy to clean.
- Don’t let its size fool you. The Breville unit features a complex heating system with four powerful quartz crystal heating elements that are rated at around 1800 Watts.
- It has three rack positions, and features a non-stick interior that makes cooking anything from French toast to 11-inch pizza extremely easy.
- The oven supports a wide variety of different foods you can cook quite easily, and it has the dials and controls to prove it. Pre-set cooking functions include instructions for baking, roasting, reheating, as well as special functions for pizza, toast and bagels, while a back-lit LCD screen gives you all the information needed regarding temperature and time settings.
- You can add custom time extensions to get your dishes just right in case a little extra heating time is required.
- The Breville oven also includes an easy to use removable crumb tray and a tempered glass door for convenience.
The Consistency of Element IQ Technology
Speed and even cooking are the main assets that define the power and efficiency of the Breville Bov800XL, review posts often talking about how much faster and more impressively it works when compared to most similarly priced ovens.
This performance is obtained through the Element IQ even cooking technology, a high end feature that allows for intelligent control over the four heating elements to help cook all your meals faster and with a better level of efficiency.
While considered to be somewhat complex, the theory behind this technology is quite straightforward and easy to understand. The Breville Bov800XL toaster oven essentially decides on the best way to distribute the heat throughout the interior, depending on your specific settings. It also uses a flexible system that adjusts the power to eliminate problems such as certain parts being overcooked or raw at the end of the cooking cycle.
For instance, when you cook toast, high heat is evenly distributed from the outside to evenly cook the top and bottom of your toast without drying it out on the inside. For baking, a smaller heat setting is used that is also distributed quite evenly, but over a longer period of time for a more gentle cooking experience.
While each of the cooking presets have their own specific, ready made settings, you can adjust them in accordance with the recipe you are using, and the oven will flexibly conform to provide you with the best speed and performance that can be obtained from its maximal heating ability.
Breville BOV800XL Smart Toaster Oven Review
Realizing that different foods require different methods of heating, Breville has created a “smart oven” utilizing Element EQ cooking technology that consists of five different heating elements each designed to cook food quickly and evenly.
So basically depending on the setting you choose, (toast, broil, and bake) you have the ability to manage the temperature zones inside the oven depending on what food you are cooking.
A lot of people have commended it for its ability to prepare toasted and baked foods almost perfectly, as well as for its preheating abilities.
This Breville oven toaster includes three pans, one for pizza, baking and broiling. It has a nice stainless steel finish and it should look spectacular in any kitchen. The cord is a little short at around three feet so you may have to plan accordingly as to where you place the oven in your kitchen.
Power wise, it pulls between 15 and 20 amps, so make sure you have a last a 20 amp breaker on the plug that is being used. The “ping” noise that signals that your food is done can be a bit loud, but is handy when you are in another room and need to know when it’s done.
What we loved:
- Quick cooking time
- 9 preset programs
- Pull out crumb tray